Welcome to Bliss & That…  I’m Kasey, the owner and principal designer for Bliss Wedding & Event Design.  We are a wedding planning and event design firm in Columbus, Ohio.  I hope you’ll take some time and read through the posts.   Bliss & That is full of great information that we’re excited to share.  We love designing, everything weddings and all of the fun things in between.  Blogs are conversations, we love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy!...  Please leave us a comment (or two) and we’ll chat!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SNEAK PEEK: Michele & Vince

I received a call last year from a woman named Clydie. She was looking for a planner to help with her niece's wedding - June 6, 2008 in Cleveland, OH. I gladly accepted and finally met Michele and Vince in March for our first and last planning meeting before the big day. Michele and Vince live in Houston, TX and were only making that one trip to OH before the wedding. Thankfully Michele and Vince are very organized and working with them was a great experience.


Fast forward to June 6. I finally get to meet Clydie and thank her in person for hiring me and allowing me the privilege to be a part of this great day. I really like Clydie because she's so sweet and kind but no nonsense either. What a great combination!


The day was gorgeous - even if it was tad bit warm outside. Michele and Vince are a very relaxed couple and you could feel that vibe all day long. The guests arrived to a beautifully decorated church with peach roses, white hydrangea topiaries lining the aisle. The girls were dressed in mocha colored floor length dresses and the guys were in classic black tuxes. We started right on time and the guests were treated to a surprise solo by Vince at the beginning of the ceremony. I had no idea he could sing!


As the guests arrived at Villa Di Borally for the reception the room was lit by soft peachy pink light with a giant M and V gobo on the dance floor. The guest tables had either candles in large vases surrounded by rose petals or the large topiaries similar to the church. They noshed on delish antipasti and homemade pizza and sipped champagne during cocktail hour. I have to tell you that when I found out that the reception was at Borallys I was so excited. I have been going there for years with my family for weddings and special events.


Michele and Vince still had a few surprises in store for their guests. We had video messages Incorporated into the various activities of the evening. Michele and Vince's entrance was one of the most unique I have ever seen. We were also treated to a tap dance performance by the bride and groom. The crowd LOVED it! Vince also surprised Michele with a song he had written just for her. It was so sweet.


I had the pleasure of working along side two very talented photographers - Brian Choi and Nathan Migal. Nathan is an up and coming photographer in the Cleveland area and I'm sure we'll see more of him soon. I also had the pleasure of working along side James and Jason Dawkins - Vince's brothers (and they are twins!). They own Triple D productions - a video production company based out of Houston TX. They did an amazing job being in all the right places at the right time and putting together the video footage that was used during the reception. I wish they weren't so far away because I'd recommend them to all of my clients! I've got a few pictures that I snapped at the church and at the reception - I'll share the pro pics and video when I get them!


I also wanted to say thank you to Heather from Heatherlily Floral Design. She and her staff - Tammy in particular were so great to work with. The flowers were beautiful!







No comments:

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net