Welcome to Bliss & That…  I’m Kasey, the owner and principal designer for Bliss Wedding & Event Design.  We are a wedding planning and event design firm in Columbus, Ohio.  I hope you’ll take some time and read through the posts.   Bliss & That is full of great information that we’re excited to share.  We love designing, everything weddings and all of the fun things in between.  Blogs are conversations, we love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy!...  Please leave us a comment (or two) and we’ll chat!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Dinner Is Served - Taco Muffins

Taco Muffins


I tried a new recipe yesterday evening and snapped a few images of the process.  I posted them on all social media fronts and got lots of positive feed back.  So much, in fact, that I thought I'd post it on the blog too! 

I originally saw this pinned on Pinterest and I had to try it!  Thankfully, this was super easy and took under 30 minutes to prepare the muffin cups!

 So here's my version of Taco Muffins:

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef.
1 packet of taco seasoning (I like the lower sodium version).
1 package of wonton wrappers (hint: if you've looked at your grocery store and can't locate these, try the tofu section in the fridge section).
1 package of Mexican shredded cheese blend (The original version called for queso cheese but I'm not a fan so I used the shredded cheese instead).
Salsa or Pico de Gallo
Guacamole (for topping after baking)
Sour Cream (for topping after baking)
Green Onion (for topping after baking)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375. 
Follow the instruction on the taco seasoning packet - basically brown meat, drain fat, add 3/4 c water, add seasoning mix.
Grease muffing tin.  (original recipe said to use oil, but I used baking Pam)
Put one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.  Push down gently but let it ruffle a little for cuteness.
Sprinkle Mexican cheese blend on top of wonton wrappers.
Add taco meat (about 2 teaspoons worth)
Add salsa or tomatoes or pico de gallo (about a teaspoon or two)
Top with more cheese.
Add a wonton wrapper to top of all of this.  Be sure to tuck it in like a pie crust but still let it ruffle for cuteness. :) 
Add cheese
Add taco meat
Add salsa, tomatoes or pico de gallo
Top with more cheese!

Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Top with guacamole or sour cream and green onion!

Easy peasy!

Enjoy!
Kasey



No comments:

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net