Welcome to Bliss & That…  I’m Kasey, the owner and principal designer for Bliss Wedding & Event Design.  We are a wedding planning and event design firm in Columbus, Ohio.  I hope you’ll take some time and read through the posts.   Bliss & That is full of great information that we’re excited to share.  We love designing, everything weddings and all of the fun things in between.  Blogs are conversations, we love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy!...  Please leave us a comment (or two) and we’ll chat!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Business First's Forty Under 40 Award

I decided to make this post my "acceptance speech" because I feel like it is important to say thank you.

photo
photo by Shawn via his iPhone

A few short weeks ago, I learned that I was a part of a very special group of people being recognized in the Columbus area. Business First's Forty Under 40 Class of 2011.  When I learned that my uber motivated hubby (and Forty Under 40 recipient - Class of 2009) wanted to nominated me I was thrilled, surprised and a little nervous.  The application process was not easy.  Lots of questions to answer about me and my involvement in various organizations, educational background, etc.   He also had to request letters of support from many people whom I work with on my various projects and spend time with on a daily basis.  I didn't read any of the letters that my friends and colleagues wrote until the submission packet and application were completed.   I was so humbled by what everyone had written about me.    Really, did I just do all that these people had written about me?   To me feel like I go through each day as it was a normal day doing what I think is right for me, my business and my family.  Who knew I had touched so many people over the years?  Reading your letters reminded me why I got into this business and why I will keep doing what I'm doing every day, every week, every month of every year.

Emilie - my partner in crime and business partner for Cakes For A Cause and Wedding Skills Workshop.  Em and I have been friends for many years now. Who knew what would come from a simple conversation at a CBC meeting?  Thank you for creating these wonderful organizations with me and making a difference in so many peoples lives (hello! Over 16K meals this year to those in need). I really don't know what I would do without you!!

Amy - one of the best photographers I will probably ever know.  You are such an amazing artist and our creative collaboration is something I really hold dear to my heart.  Thank you for being such a wonderful studio mate (the space - aka 15).  Thank you for taking a chance on me all those years ago when I called you with that crazy idea to get a space.  Sitting here at dinner tonight really brought things full circle from our first time working together and sharing the best vendor meal ever!

Joe - For those of you who may not know, Joe is the Spinelli of Spinelli's Deli. Thank you for entrusting me with the Preview Event and allowing me to hire a caterer for all of these years.  I really can't believe we're approaching year number 11!  I vow to never have a chicken wing party ever again. ; ) Promise.  I'm so proud to see the tour grow each year and know I have a tiny part in it's success.

Charly - Thank you for taking a chance and hiring me to help plan the best Highball Halloween ever!   I can't express how grateful I am for your trust and allowing me to take my design ideas and run with them.  It was such a wonderful experience producing an event like that for this neighborhood and helping the Short North Business Association with a successful fundraiser.   I only hope I have the opportunity to do this again for you.

Sue - I really can't begin to thank you for taking the time to write the most sweet and kind letter of support.  I'm so grateful that you and Lauren allowed me to come into a very sad time in your lives and help you create one of the most beautiful and joyous weddings I have ever planned. You're family so wonderful and sweet and kind.  I hope my boys grow up to be as wonderful as your girls.  From the bottom of my heart...Thank you.

Carol - Have we been through a lot of events together might be an understatement... Some in the freezing cold (remember KSA for Greg & Fefe?) and blazing heat (Bryn Du last year) but one thing is consistent throughout all of them - you. You and your trust in me, your professionalism and your friendship. Thank you for that and all of your trust and encouragement throughout the years.

Andrew - Thank you to you and Joan for taking a chance on two overly ambitious wedding planners who want to create an event around cake!  We really love our little Cakes For A Cause event and we love seeing it grow each year.  It is so gratifying to see the event grow bigger and bigger each year and have such a large impact on the lives of those that the Foodbank serves.  Have we told you how excited we are for CFAC 2012?

Shan and Ali - thank you for being such wonderful friends over the past 10 years.  I can't believe that much time has gone by but I know that you and the fellow SW's will always have a special place in my heart. xoxo

To the Bliss Wedding & Event Design Team (Tracie, Amanda, Marie, Mandy, Shari, Jade, Amber and Naikwan) - thank you for trusting me as we take on each new client, build each event, tear it all down and start over again each week.   I'm so grateful to have such an amazing and competent team.

Mom, Dad, Niki, Michael and Mom Conyers - Thank you for coming out tonight and taking time out of your busy schedules attend the event with me.   I loved having some of my favorite people around me at dinner and as I received this "major award" (as mom says).  I can not thank you enough.

Thank you to my colleagues and friends (you know who you are) all over the country who help me be a better planner, designer, business owner and mom.

Thank you to Leila who helps get all of our pretty events published on the wedding blogs and magazines you love to read.

Thank you to all of the wonderful vendors we get to work with on each wedding and event we produce.

Thank you to our trusting clients. Without you we'd not have the wonderful opportunities I've mentioned above.

Thank you to the Columbus Business First team for creating this program and for the opportunity to recognize those who are making a difference in our community.

Thank you to G and Ash - Mommy really does love having you around everyday in the office. You make our days so much brighter with your laughter and love you give.  Mommy loves you more than you know! xoxo

Last but certainly not least - Shawn - my amazing architect and super daddy husband. Thank you for taking the time to begin this process and see it through.   I'm so lucky to have a partner like you on this crazy journey.  I really could not do what I do without you and your love and support.   I'm so glad that your "major award" now has a companion to keep it company on our mantel.  I love you!

Okay, enough rambling...In a nutshell, thank you to all of those people in my life who have supported me, gave me words of encouragement and most of all believed in me and what I was capable of even if I didn't recognize it myself. Without all of you this wonderful opportunity would not have been possible.

xo
Kasey


The 2011 Forty Under 40 class photo:

photo(2)

5 comments:

Liene Stevens said...

YAY!!! So excited for you! Can't wait to see you in a few short days and toast in person! Congrats again! xxox.

Heather Keyser said...

Congratulations Kasey! How exciting! We always knew you were the best! Much love from all of us at the flower shop : )

FOOLflorist said...

Congratulations - it's only the beginning. Jan

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Liene! It was great seeing you in San Diego! xoxo

Unknown said...

Heather & Jan! Thank you so much for the kind words! I couldn't do it without you guys! xo

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net