This recipe seems simple, and it is. But because it uses fresh mangoes and fresh pineapple juice, it is so delicious and crisp. Use high-quality ingredients, including a top shelf golden rum, for best results. Go whip up a batch (it's ready in about five minutes) and sip them on the porch this afternoon!
- 2 1/2 small ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 mango, cut into slices with skin for garnish
- 4 ounces best-quality golden rum
- 4 cups fresh pineapple juice (from a 4 1/2-pound pineapple)
- fresh tropical fruit, such as dragon fruit and star fruit, for garnish
- Puree mangoes, rum, and 1/2 cup water in a blender. Pour 2 ounces puree into each of six 12-ounce glasses. Fill glasses with ice, and top off with pineapple juice. Garnish with tropical fruit. Serves 6.