Mint Juleps are fine for the Kentucky Derby, and their tropical cousin the Mojito is fine for the beach, but where does one turn for a nice afternoon drink in the backyard? This Kiwi Mint Julep is exotic and fruity, but fresh enough to quench your lazy afternoon thirst.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups ice
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 ounces bourbon (optional)
- Dissolve sugar in hot water in a 1-cup measure; let cool slightly.
- Combine ice, kiwis, limeade, mint, the sugar mixture and bourbon, if using, in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.