Welcome to Bliss & That…  I’m Kasey, the owner and principal designer for Bliss Wedding & Event Design.  We are a wedding planning and event design firm in Columbus, Ohio.  I hope you’ll take some time and read through the posts.   Bliss & That is full of great information that we’re excited to share.  We love designing, everything weddings and all of the fun things in between.  Blogs are conversations, we love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy!...  Please leave us a comment (or two) and we’ll chat!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Friday, June 13, 2008

SNEAK PEEK: Aftyn & Steve

Aftyn called me one day looking for a Day of Coordinator. She hired me without even meeting me because she was worried about her wedding day going smoothly and she was doing all of her planning from Texas. The first time I met Aftyn I knew her wedding was going to be great. I had so much fun working with her and Steve. They knew what they wanted and we're good at making decisions. Black, White and Blue were their colors and I think we pulled it together nicely. One of my favorite moments of the day is showing the couple their reception space. Aftyn was almost in tears when she saw it and this makes me beam! For those of you who know me - if you cry, I cry and it's all good! : )

We had a ice sculpture of an airplane at the reception. Steve was a pilot in the Air Force, so Aftyn added this just for him. It was a huge hit! A big thank you to Greg from Elegant Ice for creating this little masterpiece

I had a great day working with some great vendors that I had not had the opportunity to work with before. Monika and her team at the Hyatt on Capital Square were great and very accommodating. Bess from Bess' Cakery did an awesome job on the cake. We had 4 flavors and almost all of it was gone at the end of the night. Kevin from KC Photography was great to work with. I can't wait to see the pictures he took and share them with all of you! For now here are a couple of pictures I snapped at the reception.

No comments:

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net